GRADIENT KILN, Model GR/98 and GR 98 S
The main feature of a gradient furnace is the presence of several firing zones with different temperatures (thermal gradient) following the same firing cycle. Models GR/98 and GR 98 S consists of 6 independent heating cells. This construction, based on separate cells instead of a single cell with different positions, prevents the different temperatures from affecting the test pieces, thus altering the results.
The key properties of this model are:
- An even temperature within each of the 6 cells (approx. + 3°C.);
- The possibility to set even a 10°C gradient between one cell and another;
- The firing cycle is PC-controlled;
- Storage and printing facilities for all firing cycles, results obtained in the various cells, day, month, year of execution of the tests, type of sample material and any other information concerning the tests carried out;
- Easy computer programming and use;
- The kiln can be remote-controlled;
- The possibility to carry out quick firing cycles in which the highest temperature can be reached in approx. 30 minutes with model GR 98 and approx. 40 minutes with model GR 98 S.
OPTIONAL: Possibility to work in controlled atmosphere with inert gas or in reducing atmosphere.